Friday, 26 April 2013

Conquering Mount Maunganui - for starters

Tuesday morning  (23rd April) and Summer has returned to North Island. As it was St Georges Day I thought that I should fly the flag for England so I decided to conquor Mt. Maunganui. This is the third time that I have been to Tauranga without attempting it, so it was a case of now or never. The pathway spirals around the Mount with stunning views in every direction. Happy memories came flooding back, seeing all the ships in the port of Tauranga, having joined my ship (MV Warrior) here in April 1979.
Anne & Sue decided to circumnavigate the base of it - their loss I think
The first picture of Mt. Maunganui is one I took last week when out on Michael's boat, remember it? Then the "assent" pictures start with a view from the town of Maunganui, then at various parts of the climb.












After meeting up with Anne & Sue in the shops we went back home for some lunch. In the afternoon Anne & I took ourselves off to Te Puke, the Kiwi fruit capitol of the world, for a tour of one of the farms. Very interesting tour and samples of produce made from the fruits at the end.









Not to be outdone, someone had to "conquor" the kiwi fruit for a photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment